Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spider-Man



Oh how I love Spider-Man. My love for Spider-Man is as vast as the oceans. Haha Just kidding, but I really do love Spider-Man. I enjoyed the first run of movies but I’m pretty sure this new reboot is going to be way better. Spiderman is supposed be more witty and sarcastic than Toby Maguire’s version. I think Andrew Garfield will be more suited to the role.

The new and old posters are very similar. But, I like the old one better. The whole half black half red thing aside I don’t think it is necessary for words on the image. The Spider-Man logo is so iconic it isn’t necessary. Putting words make is almost insulting to the audience’s intelligence. It is important not to be awkwardly obvious, it is insulting. Other than the words both are similar in style, though the newer one (the one on the left) if more vibrant and lit from the front.

In the case of the new poster the words are not even clear. They are ill placed. The highlight on the words makes them even harder to read than does the thin small font. I really can’t believe no one thought that was a bad idea. It is so obvious. You can’t even read it. The 2012 is probably the only acceptable text.

Though the font and style of the words are atrocious I will see this movie. Mostly because I still love Spider-Man regardless of what silly things people do to his logo. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post. You have no idea how much this helped me out. Keep up the awesome work here!
    led canvas pictures

    ReplyDelete