Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Help


Haven’t seen this movie, though I heard it was good. Plus, it has Emma Stone, so that’s a step in the right direction.

This is a nice poster, and not because it uses my favorite complimentary color scheme. I also love how the title is so large. Most posters keep the title more in the middle range. It is nice to see one that is obviously prominent and a picture that supports. Another thing I really like about the text is how the “the” is enclosed between the “H” and “L”. It is compact and clever. I love it great idea. The yellow monochromatic background is a good setting, subtle, and emphasizes the title.

The best part of this is probably the way the character is positioned. Although they are staged they almost don’t look staged and each stance tells us something about the characters. Their positioning and head levels also create a nice curved implied line that helps your eye travel around the page. Their dress colors even flow well with the image. The attention to color is much appreciated in my eyes. I love it.

The tagline “change begins with a whisper” is perfect. It tells us just a bit more about the movie and emphasizes the title and positioning of the characters. This poster is subtly genius and I love it. Perfect. Absolutely great. I really hope the movie is a well done and fantastic as this poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment